Dear UV School Community,
We are so glad to see our school campus buzzing with activity so far this summer. We have summer school programs for both the Elementary and the Secondary School; a college course in the Secondary School; summer sports programming; drivers education; and other activities either ongoing or planned.
With all of this activity, it’s important for us to update our COVID policies, particularly in the area of mask wearing and social distancing. These policies were developed according to guidance from the Chenango County Department of Health and will be in effect starting Monday, July 26.
- Students, staff and visitors who are using outdoor spaces are not required to wear masks.
- Students who are not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks inside except when eating or drinking.
- Staff and visitors who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks inside when not eating or drinking.
- Mask breaks will continue to be made available for all inside activities when appropriate.
- Students and staff who are using district transportation must wear masks, even when they are fully vaccinated.
- Students, staff and visitors should continue to maintain appropriate social distancing when possible.
- Formal health screenings and temperature checks will no longer be conducted, however staff will be keeping an eye on student wellness throughout the day. Students, staff and visitors who are not feeling well or exhibiting COVID symptoms, should stay home.
While COVID rates have fallen to the lowest levels seen since the pandemic began, new strains are emerging that are contributing to a rise in cases in other areas of the country. It is important to remain vigilant throughout the rest of the summer. If you have questions, please contact the district office at (607) 847-7500.
UV Administrative Team