To our UV Storm community – Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, UVCSD has been guided by the New York State Health Department, as well as the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) to safely provide athletic opportunities for our student athletes. Following NYS Department of health guidelines, we will be allowing two spectators for each UV athlete as well as each visiting athlete. This is for outdoor sporting events only. These rules and guidelines are subject to change at any time.
Some items to note:
- UV coaches will submit the name of each spectator 48 hours in advance to the athletic coordinator. This list can change each game. This means coaches must have spectator names at least two days in advance,
- Visiting schools will have to submit a list of those attending 24 hours prior to events.
- Each spectator is required to sign in and supply a phone number for any possible contact tracing.
- Masks are required, as well as social distancing. We encourage spectators to bring their own lawn chairs.
- NO Spectators will be allowed for indoor contests, except on senior night. On senior night, 2 guests will be allowed per senior athlete.
- Neutral Site Contests: A neutral site is when UV is playing an opponent at a third school that is not participating in the contest. This may happen due to field availability and field conditions at either UV or the opponent school. We will follow the guidance and protocol of the school that is allowing us to use their facility. Neutral sites include Sidney (no spectators home or away); Greene (No spectators home or away); Norwich (two spectators per athlete)
- Away Contests: We will follow the guidance and protocol set forth by the home school. If the contest will be live streamed a link will be posted on our website.
Individual team coaches and Athletic Coordinator Matt Osborne should be contacted if there are any questions.
Unadilla Valley CSD appreciates the community’s support and understanding during this time.