School Board Nominating Petitions Are Now Available
Board Nominating Petitions Available
The following vacancies on the Unadilla Valley Board of Education are to be filled at the election on May 16, 2017:
- Three-year term ending June 30, 2017, presently held by Victoria L. Gregory
- Three-year term ending June 30, 2017, presently held by Kimberly Murray
- Three-year term ending June 30, 2017, presently held by Richard Potter
The individuals receiving the highest number of votes shall be elected to the vacancies.
To be qualified to run for the Board of Education seat, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write;
- Must be a qualified voter of the District;
- Must be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election;
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year;
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family;
- May not be a current employee of the school board; and
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Petitions nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education must be filed with the Clerk of the District no later than 5 p.m., April 17, 2017. Hours of the District Clerk are weekdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Petition forms may be secured from the District Clerk or by calling 847-7500, ext. 1131. Each petition must be addressed to the Clerk of the District, be signed by at least 25 qualified voters of the District, shall state the residence of each signer and the name and address of the candidate.
Posted: Wednesday, March 1, 2017