The following letter was mailed home to families on Oct. 14, 2020:
Dear UV Families:
As mentioned in the previous letter, the New York State Education Department is allowing districts to continue learning on days that would have otherwise have been considered a snow day. As part of UV’s reopening plan, UV will shift to virtual instruction to provide continuity of learning for students on those days.
UV has scheduled (2) REMOTE LEARNING DAY DRILLS to provide you and your family with an opportunity to practice for days when the district will need to shift from in-person learning to remote learning due to inclement weather/power outage, etc. or due to a spike in positive COVID-19 cases in the Southern Tier Region:
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2020 - All students who attend school on B/Odd Days will stay home for a day of remote learning.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020 – All students who attend school on A/EVEN Days will stay home for a day of remote learning.
- Students who receive special services and attend in-person classes full-time will stay home and learn remotely on both days, Friday, October 23 and Monday, October 26.
- Students who are fully virtual will continue to learn remotely on both days, Friday, October 23 and Monday, October 26.
- Teachers will report to school both days and will be available for assistance.
Families will want to be sure to schedule childcare accordingly and/or have a plan in place for your child while you are at work on Friday, October 23 and Monday, October 26. Families will receive a phone call from the district next week as a reminder to plan accordingly for your child to learn from home on the dates mentioned above.
Please ask your child to charge their devices every night so they are prepared for the Remote Learning Day Drills. If you will require technology assistance, please reach out to us:
- TECHNOLOGY HELP DESK INFORMATION - Technology assistance is available every Tuesday from 3:00 – 4:00 PM during food pickup. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment at (607) 847-7500, ext. 4420 or email the help desk at [email protected].
Remember to practice the 3 W’s and stay healthy UV! Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and watch your distance! #livethestorm.
Robert J. Mackey, Superintendent
SCHOOL MEAL PROGRAM NOTICE
Meals for Remote Learning Day Drills
If you would like to have meals available for your child on Friday, October 23 and Monday, October 26, 2020 that will now be remote learning days for all students; please call Sharon White in the district office at (607) 847-7500, ext. 1134 by 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 22. When calling please leave your child’s name. Food pickup will be on Friday, October 23 from 2 to 5 p.m. in the elementary circle.
Please note, this does not apply to virtual students who already receive weekly meals. Parents of virtual students will still pick up their weekly meals on Tuesday, October 20 and Tuesday, October 27 from 3 to 4 p.m. in the elementary circle.