UV Elementary has 436 students in grades Pre-K through 5 who are all located in the north wing of our school building. Small class sizes and robust programming ensure an immersive education for our students in caring environment. Our 35 teachers and 65 elementary staff members work collaboratively to deliver the best education possible, while supporting our students’ social-emotional needs.
The hours of operation for Unadilla Valley Elementary School are 7:55 a.m. – 2:25 p.m.
Morning Program is a 20-minute daily assembly for elementary students intended to help them start the day on a positive note. Through the use of music, individual and class recognition, class presentations and various motivational programs, the children come to see school as a positive instructional place. We believe that academic success is closely linked to a child’s positive self concept. Therefore, this team effort of students, staff and community members starting each day together will help a child feel that he or she is important and special. Please note, Morning Program is on hiatus for the 2020-21 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The goals of Morning Program are:
- To begin each participant’s day positively
- To use music and various speakers and /or presentations to motivate students to achieve their best
- To recognize the good efforts of individuals or classes in the school
- To provide opportunities for participants to be exposed to various positive values and good role models
- To open the doors of the school to the community, providing them a chance to see the school as a friendly place to visit
- To help participants learn to respect the rights and opinions of others that they meet
- To give the participants the chance to take responsibility for various aspects of the program