Unadilla Valley CSD’s Food Service Department is excited to provide a convenient and secure online payment service called mySchoolBucks. This website allows parents or guardians to deposit money directly into a student’s school meal account and view balance/purchase information for the past ninety days. By having money in each student’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find that the lunch lines move along much faster, which gives your child more time to eat and be with friends.
To access this service:
1. Go to the district web site at
2. Click the Food Services link.
3. Click the mySchoolBucks link there, or visit the MySchoolBucks link here.
4. From this website an account can be created for a student and money added to that student’s school meal account. All that is needed is the student’s name, school and student ID number. 
Things to know:
If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
  •  Payments may be made with a Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit or debit card. You may also make a payment using an e-check.
  •  In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Unadilla Valley CSD will not profit from the use of this site. Please Note: You may fund up to $120 per child, but a family may pay for all of their children on a single transaction.
We are very excited to offer service and are confident that mySchoolBucks will benefit you, your child and our District. If you choose not to take advantage of the online payment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to Unadilla Valley CSD. Please remember to write your child’s full name on the check.
If you have any questions about this new service, please feel free to contact call 607-847-7500 ext 4407
How do I get started?
Getting started is a simple three-step process.
1. Create a user profile by clicking on the Register button on the home page.
2. Add students to your household – you’ll need the child’s name and birth date and student ID (Note: student ID may be optional depending on the school).
3. Now you’re ready to make payments!
What if I forgot my Login ID or password?
On the right side of the login page, click on “Forgot Your ID or Password?”. The system will ask for your login name or your email address. If a match is found, you must answer your security question correctly before you’ll be prompted to enter a new password. If you can’t remember your security answer you may alternatively choose the option to receive a password reset request by email.
How do I know my information is secure?
Transaction information is encrypted and sent from your PC to the server via a secure gateway. Look for the “https” in the address field of your web browser window, and the closed lock in the bottom tray of the browser window.
How can I request notification via email when my child’s balance is low?
In the left navigation panel, click the ‘Email Preferences’ link, then check the box to request low balance notifications and fill in the amount. When your child’s balance goes below that amount, an email message will be automatically sent to the email address in your user profile.
Why did I receive another notice that my child’s balance is low?
If your child’s balance changes, the email notification is reset to send a new message. You should receive only one notification each time the balance goes below your selected minimum dollar amount. If your child has more than one account, you may receive messages for each account.
How can I request a receipt via email when I make a payment?
In the left navigation panel, click the Email Preferences link, then check the box to request a confirmation receipt via email. Each time you make a payment, a confirmation will be sent to the email address in your user profile.
Can other people make payments on my child’s account?
Other adults can make payments on your child’s account if they know the child’s name and either birth date or student ID. Multiple users can have the same child added to their profile. Remember that is intended to be used by adults who can purchase with a credit card, and that you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password and should not permit any other person to use your password.

How can I see a list of all the payments I’ve made?
In the left navigation panel, click the My Payment History link. A list of all credit card payments made from your user account is shown.

How can I see what my child has purchased in the school cafeteria?
Choose ‘My Household’ from the menu, then click the ‘View Cafeteria Purchases’ link to the right of the child’s name that you are interested in. A list of purchases made in the cafeteria will show.
What credit cards/methods of payment are accepted? can take a number of payment methods, however, your school district sets up which types of payments they will accept. Please refer to your school district’s website or literature. Once you have a user account, you can see which payment types are accepted by your district while placing your order.
How long does it take for a payment to be added to my child’s account?
Credit card payments are authorized during the order process on, and your credit card account is immediately charged. Payments made with a credit card are collected nightly and will normally show up in your child’s account on the very next school day. However, this can vary depending on how frequently your school district posts payments to your child’s school.
Is there a fee for using MySchoolBucks?
Your school district may require a program fee or membership fee for your use of If you are required to pay a program fee, you will be notified on a screen prior to completing the payment transaction and any such program fee will be required for each payment you make using For more information, please see our Terms of Service.

Why does my online bank statement show a *pending* charge after my payment was declined?
If you receive a message when processing your payment that indicates the billing address or the three digit card verification code doesn’t match the bank records your credit card provider will place a temporary hold of funds on your credit card. The *pending* charge may temporarily appear on your online bank statement but the charge will be automatically removed in 2-3 banking days. The ‘authorization hold’ is a normal banking industry practice. Please click here for more information.

What happens if my child changes schools?
If your child moves to a new school in the same district, you can continue using your account as long as that school is a participant. When the school district updates their enrollment records prior to the start of school MySchoolBucks will also be automatically updated with the new enrollment information. Please check with your school district for a list of participating schools. If you move to an entirely different school district, you may use the district selector at the top of the page to add a new school district to your profile. will provide a list of available school districts during the sign up process.

Note: Scheduled payments for cafeteria meals may apply to a specific school. When the student transfers to a new school the scheduled payment for the old school is no longer valid and must be canceled. Please setup a new scheduled payment for your child at their new school.
Why is my child’s balance not listed?
Balance information may not be available when your child moves to a new school and the school has not yet sent the new balance to the website. The balances are usually updated around the first day of school.

What happens if I move to a new district?
If you change school districts, you may use the district selector at the top of the page to add a new school district to your profile. will provide a list of available school districts during the sign up process.
Why did my child’s balance not update when I made my payment?
Payments made through the website transfer to the school site and update your child’s account balance in the school site Point-of-Sale computer. Once the payment travels to the school site and updates the balance it will transfer back up to the website so you can see the updated balance. Generally this process takes 2 school days.
Who should I contact if my payment didn’t show up at the school?
First, check ‘My Payment History’ to make sure the payment was completed and approved. If the payment appears there, go to ‘Cafeteria Purchases’ and check the student’s purchase history. If the payment shows in the Cafeteria Purchases, it has been successfully received at the child’s school. If not, make sure you have allowed at least 2 school days for the payment to transfer to the school. If the payment does not appear after that, contact your school district administrator for help.

How do I setup a future scheduled or recurring payment?
Choose ‘Make A Payment” from the menu. Choose the item to purchase and enter the amount to pay for your child then add the item to the basket. Once the item is in the basket, if recurring payments are enabled you’ll find the option to “Setup A Payment Schedule’ just under your child’s name. Click the link to enter your schedule options.

How do I cancel or change an existing scheduled payment?
To cancel a scheduled payment, choose ‘View/Edit’ on the ‘My Household’ page next to the payment description and choose ‘Cancel This Order’ from the next window. If you wish to change an existing scheduled payment, follow these same steps to cancel it and then create a new one with your new options.

How do I transfer funds between accounts (Ex: Meals to ala carte)?
Please contact the cafeteria manager at your child’s school and they will be happy to do this for you.
How do I transfer funds between students?
If both students attend the same school, you may contact the cafeteria manager at their school and they can do this for you. If they attend different schools, this request should be made to the district’s food service department.

We have moved and I would like a refund of my balance. Who do I contact?
Refund requests are processed by your school district. Please contact the school your child attended and request a refund. For more assistance you can contact the food service department in your district.
Who should I contact if…I have suggestions for improvements to the website?
Use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of any page of We love to hear from you!