Quality integrative programming is the cornerstone of providing special education services to students within Unadilla Valley CSD. Maximized inclusion is built into each student’s individual program to the degree it benefits the individual.
The facilitation of this philosophy is greatly enhanced by the consistency of programs, as well as by special education teachers and paraprofessionals supporting students in their integrated programs. Collaborative decisions made by the Committee on Special Education support students in achieving academic, social and vocational goals.
The special education continuum of services within Unadilla Valley CSD includes a menu of services available to students with disabilities to provide them with access to the curriculum in the least restrictive environment.
The array of services allows students with disabilities to be educated alongside their peers without disabilities to the maximum extent possible and appropriate.
Such services include specially designed instruction and supplemental services that may be provided in general education classes; through consultant teachers (CT), both direct and indirect; related services; resource rooms and/or special classes; or specialized placement outside of our district. Each student’s program is crafted to include elements from this menu to best meet the student’s needs.
Resources for parents/guardians
- NYS Education Department Procedural Safeguards Notice
- New York State Special Education Parent Guide
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities
- Autism Speaks
- Parent to Parent of NYS
- Parent Network of the Capital Region
- New York State Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation ACCES-VR
- Special Education in Plain Language – NYSED Task Force Handbook, revised 2014